Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Summer Sun Dress Design

 


Aimee of Jade Gaia and I decided to put together another set of clothing to sell online. I am going to sew a summer sun dress and she is going to knit a diaper cover, also called a soaker. Aimee gave me a strand of the handpainted yarn that she wants to use for the soaker so I can find some fabric to match. My first thought was Asian inspired. I couldn't find anything that I absolutely loved at the first local fabric store that I visited. The second farbic store I visited specializes in Amy Butler prints. I had to give the strand of yarn to a lady who worked there to try and find matches for me because my almost 2 year old son was throwing a huge fit. She remarked that I was the first person to ever bring in yarn to match fabric with. She pulled a few different bolts to look at. I was immediately drawn to this print, so I went ahead and bought it for the sun dress. If you look closely, you can see the yarn strand on top of the fabric.

The next step is for me to draft a pattern for the sun dress. I'll post pictures of that project next!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment