Sunday, March 29, 2009

Swiffer Me Happy - A New Sewing Pattern Design

I really enjoy desiging sewing patterns! It seems like I don't get to spend as much time as I would like to on design though. Today was the exception! I have a Swiffer wet jet and a dirty kitchen floor. The problem was, I had no more cleaning pads for the Swiffer. I had been meaning to design a way to use a microfiber towel as a reusable cloth for the Swiffer. And, since I detest having to cut microfiber (it snows microfiber when you cut it) I really wanted a "no cut" pattern. Well, I came up with one! Now, I haven't searched the internet for reusable Swiffer patterns, so I'm sure there are better ones than mine out there. But, mine works great! My 7 year old don even wanted to help mop with the Swiffer and was able to make it work. He said it was a little harder to push it than with the disposable pads, but I couldn't tell the difference. I am converted to microfiber for my Swiffer! It took me maybe 5 minutes to sew and fasten it to my Swiffer. And, it will take probably 30 seconds to secure it in the future.

Now, my next step it to write it up as a free pattern. And, it will be completed before the end of April because that is when I will need to send copies in to The Spotted Box as my "sample"! I'm sure I'll post it here too!

No comments:

Post a Comment